How do you show that you love your job? You get "sleeved", like photographer Dabe Alan who has lined his arms with tattoos of all his favorite things in life, with the help of Toledo-based tattoo artist Tony Touch. Every time Dabe visits Toledo, he gets another photography-related graphic etched into his skin showing the "evolution of the camera." Now that's devotion.
On his "nerd sleeve" currently: his camera of choice, the Canon 5D Mark II; his favorite mouse, the Logitech MX518; and a picture of 35mm film turning into pixels. But that's not all. He plans to keep going until his entire arm is covered. And for Dabe, just getting tattooed isn't enough...
Armed with his 5D Mark II, he shot every part of the tattooing process and edited the footage in Final Cut Pro. The results are three stop-motion videos, in which the entire tattooing process is revealed.
- Actual tattooing time: 4 hours
- Shots in video: 1,054
- First camera: A twin-lens reflex camera
- "ROZWÓJ" is Polish for "development"
- Numbers on the film canister: The date he took his first serious photograph
- 35mm film is just wrapping around everything
- Actual tattooing time: 3 hours
- Shots in video: 860
- Second camera: Dabe's late father's Yashica 35 Electro
- Actual tattooing time: 5 hours (2 sessions)
- Shots in video: 799
- Third camera: Dabe's very own Canon 5D Mark II
- Favorite mouse: Logitech MX518
- 35mm film turns to pixels
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.